Sunday, March 7, 2010

i love you, and by you, i mean cake

careful was the way that you looked at me, but nothing can stop the way two people are destined to be something. you got my number on paper so don't wait till later to give it a ring, so we can see where to go from here

deliberately lying that you can confide in me. oh no, im subtly sighing when you are crying. did i make you believe that there is no other world than me? i must have lied through my teeth

you call me every morn in your exigency. you're calling, calling, calling. i never know what to do in an emergency, so im stalling, stalling, stalling. i tried to keep it cool, but im getting so cold that now im numbing to the thought of you and me

deliberately lying that you can confide in me. oh no, im subtly sighing when you are crying. did i make you believe that there is no other world than me? i must have lied through my teeth

disaster is fit if we make it. maybe we can make it up in our minds cuz you can't make heartbreak easy no matter the time. well, this time will be the last that i can ever call you mine, and that's just fine... or maybe, baby, you're my everything.

if you meet me halfway, then i'll be waiting here for a long time. if you're not back by today, then tomorrow i'll wait. tomorrow i'll wait until i can hold you and whisper in your ear that all is fine, that you're mine, and soon you're gonna heal in time

- afm


2 comments:

Connie said...

i love...cake.

Alex McCurdy said...

Loving cake is blasphemous on a day like today. HOW DARE YOU!