Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Latest Arrangement

Run faster to the sound of her voice
Telling you to lock your doors, boy.
Religiously, I'll set in several more
To save them from the girl whose message reads,

"Careful! When you are out 
And not on a leash. 
Get in, or this door might be closing."

Tainted by the truth.
Misled by roseate lies
From when we were younger. 
And I hope the grass will still be cut
When no one's home.
Make them read,

"Careful! When you are out 
And not on a leash. 
Get in, or this door might be closing."

I'll miss you so.
I'll miss you when you're gone. 

"I'll miss you, son. 
I'll miss you when I'm gone."

Daylight is calling to me,
And I'm calling out to it.
My plight is not to speak,
For we'd be free if we could just...

- afm circa January 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply want to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post
is simply great and i could assume you are an
expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to
grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.

Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.

Also visit my blog post ... bet angel