Friday, February 27, 2015

Fixated


So fixated on the road we traveled upon
That I neglected to see when you left me.
Where have you gone?
I can't turn back the time.
The minute hand moves in cadence with mine.
In circles we spun.
Now you're out on the run,
And I can't match your stride.

I'll travel wide. I'll travel far.
I don't need a map, and I don't need a car
To find my way back to your heart.

So fixated on the roles we thought were wrong.
I played my part. Deceit was my art,
But you caught on.

We found solace in the trees.
Covered up with leaves,
The world cannot plague us now.
If you stay with me
I promise I can be
A stronger man somehow.
You're the one thing I cannot do without.

So I'll travel wide. I'll travel far.
I don't need a map, and I don't need a car
To find my way back to your heart.

- afm

No comments: