Sunday, January 13, 2013

To Wake, To Dream

There's a hole where my heart is
If home is where the heart is.
I filled it up with empty faces,
But the contents dribbled out.
I found shelter in embraces
But no comfort in said places,
So once again I'm craving solace,
But all I find is doubt.

Poor boy, close your eyes.
The world always looks better from the inside.
Poor boy, keep them closed.
There's no fear of the unexposed.

There's a hole where I once stood.
I'd stop falling if I could.
When I'm falling I'm not moving,
Yet I'm moving all the time.
I found shelter in the landing,
But no comfort where I'm standing,
I've been planning my escape,
But I am too afraid to climb.

Poor boy, close your eyes.
The world always looks better from the inside.
Poor boy, keep them closed.
There's no fear of the unexposed.

She's carrying the carriage
To the cliff where she disparaged
All the truth she never wanted,
All the youth she had forgotten.
She'll carry me there,
And she'll cradle my head
And put me to bed
While singing a soft lullaby.
Yeah, it'll all be alright
Once I'm sleeping through the outside.

"Focus on my breathing
As our pulses start beating
Together,
And dream of me tonight."

Just because I never sleep
Doesn't mean I'll never dream.

- afm

No comments: