Friday, July 27, 2012

Remain Seated

Sitting in a chair/ the blare from the sun/ burns in a flare/ Despair streams over me/ I cannot breathe/ Laughter in the air is rare in this place/ compared to the dame whose face and hair are fair/ She says to me/ This will only hurt for a moment/ Let me help ease the pain/ You'd rather take the twinge/ the throe/ Your mouth will bleed/ you know this/ but it's what you're paying for/ so take the throe/ the twinge/

I've grown weak/ I cannot talk/ I've tried to speak/ but my body is numb/

All the things I've done/ have come to this moment/ Holding onto folded arms/ Desperate/ This will only hurt for a moment/ Let me help ease the pain/ You'd rather take the twinge/ the throe/ Your mouth will bleed/ you know this/ but it's what you're paying for/ so take the throe/ the twinge/

I've grown weak/ I cannot talk/ I've tried to speak/ but my body is numb/

No comments: