Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Two Bottles of Cola with Wonder Woman in the Middle

I've watched this scene play out/ again and again in my head/ and it always ends the same/ The decrepit victim/ holding his head in his hands/ Where should I begin/ The unusual suspects/ have all been placed/ in an orderly line/ outside of the station/ Count down from 1 to 10/ Where should I begin/ if the start of the trail is linked to the destination/ 


I've watched these buildings burn/ I've watched these walls turn red/ Consumed by the flames/ of the innocent/ When does fear set in/ The unusual suspects/ have all been spent/ wasted in alleys, buried in the cement/ Count down from 1 to 10/ Fear will set in/ once you open your eyes and recognize its existence/ 


Count down/ Count down/ Count down/ Count down/ And once you hit zero/ awake and arise with the dead/


There's nothing more dangerous than desperation/ There's nothing more dangerous than disputation/ with me/ 


- afm

No comments: