Monday, December 1, 2008

Becoming the Stranger

Becoming the stranger 
was my scheme from the start.
I shaped a design 
to appear as three circular layers of art - 
somewhat like a dartboard.
It is graphed like so:
  1. ravage the mind
  2. dismantle the heart
  3. and never forget where the margins do part
Without any doubt,
this is where I faltered:
Tapering out the claiming vista before me
does not make it dissipate,
and ironically enough,
running my fastest will not help me escape.

A cant cannot save me
from the faint pant of Hades.
Although I'm barely breathing,
His pale horse is beside me.

- Alexander McCurdy

2 comments:

ALC said...

I can hear you saying this.

ALSO, HOUSE OF LEAVES CAN'T BE YOUR TOP FIVE FAVE BOOK BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T READ IT. and you call me a punk.. :P

Alex McCurdy said...

I have actually read it twice, thank you very much.

and thanks for the INSIGHTFUL feedback :P