Friday, May 1, 2009

Praying For You

Sunlight/ is creeping/ under the corners and the cracks/ of my/ mind's door/ Let three feet in and step down/ to the bottom shelf/ That's where I'll let you lie/ Richer Darling/ ten bucks says you've never felt alive/ It's too late/ to go/ creeping back into the light/ Meet me on the top flight/ I just might change your mind/ Oh, Darling/ I never thought that/ you would ever have the guts/ to be pushing me aside/ The heart was the muck/ that had your little head stuck/ on my demise/ I'm praying for you to see/ the good in me/ Like waste/ from emptied files/ your waist is/ replaced by another taste/ another empty smile/ Take this hand/ cradled thin/ and butterflies/ will hail "fin"/ I'm not praying for you to see/ the good in me

- Alex McCurdy

2 comments:

hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WritersChoices said...

alex, do you even know what sunlight means....