Monday, March 23, 2009

"The Greatest Warrior Alive" pts. I - IV

I. My feet burn like the sun, and so I run. My legs, pendulums in motion, stomp upon the earth and mud. I am Sandstorm, plunging from the mountain, sinking like hope down a slip'ry slope.

II. My arms bend like the hawk, and so I fly. My hands, feathers of wings, float upon the clouds and sky. I am Whirlwind, roaring from the heavens, soaring like pride when one must abide.

III. My chest yearns like the heart, and so I breathe. My lungs, fish out of the sea, pierce into the walls like sheathes. I am Water, coursing through the river, streaming like blood from a vital flood.

IV. No rampart can stop me. No mountain can top me. I will purge through like a rampant flu, but in the end I will fall like you.

- Alexander McCurdy


3 comments:

jessica.alexandra said...

i believe i like this
like most of your writing.

hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
edukateyourself said...

"poetry is just the evidence of life. if your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." - leonard cohen